Events

Friday, January 19, 2018

It's Good To Be Back!

      In the last blog, I should have borrowed the line from The Terminator, "I"ll be back."   However, at the time I knew I would be back but didn't realize that it would be a little over a year for me to get back.  My humble apology it was not due to laziness.  Perhaps it would be appropriate  to say that Mrs. Nowc, Librarian At Large, went on a sabbatical.  During that time she learned much about libraries.   How did this happen?  For starters,  the description of "at large"  fits only fifty percent of my professional time now.   The  other 50% of my professional time is at a small urban public library as the library director.   My first year there and my year of sabbatical from the blog has been enlightening, educational and entertaining.  I am so excited to be back blogging and ready to share ideas, books, and anything related to libraries.  Most importantly,  I will not miss the opportunity to advocate for libraries.  

     My first post since the sabbatical will officially begin Sunday,  January 21, 2018.  With the back from sabbatical eagerness,  a new post will appear every Sunday after that.   If you find the information fascinating, riveting and find yourself needing to share the blog with friends and relatives,  by all means share and share as often as you would like.   Of note,  there are two emails in which you can reach Mrs Nowc Librarian at Large  please send an email to give suggestions on topics or books you would like for the blog to review.  Also feel free to say Kudos.  The addresses are thelibrsrianatlarge@gmail.com or lvnlibrarian@gmail.com  Please, no emails from Publishers Clearing House claiming I may have already won.  I know I'm a winner.  I happen to work in the best profession on the planet!  

See everyone on January 21st!  





No comments: