Events

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why did I do it?

I swore I wasn't going to read the awful book.  I swore I had had way to much exposure to Harry Potter.  I swore the only way to get me to read anything by Rowling again was to put a gun to my head.  Apparently, not only did I read Tales  of Beedle the Bard,  and expose my mind to the world of Harry Potter yet again, and to top it off, there must have been an imaginary gun at to my head because I read the stupid book.  Yes, I mean stupid.  It was awful and a cheap marketing trick for the talentless Rowlings to get make  more off of her uninspiring tale of Harry.   Spare me the details on how this hack of a writer wrote one of the best books of our times.  I can name several authors who are much better at their art then Ms. Rowlings.  She sold out big times with the movies and she never in any of her endeavors match the talent of Lewis or Tolkien.  She is a fraud and even frauds get rich sometimes by  pure luck.   As  the Brits would say, the Tale of Beedle the Bard was a total unimaginative bore!  It was so bad,  I can't even remember half of the stories that glorified the wizards and Hogwarth.  Perhaps it was my mind trying to block out the painful memories of  the book.  Don't waste your precious dollars, or time with this book.  skip it. 

No comments: